Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Smokin Pooja at Home

Hinduism, to me, is the most liberal form of religion NEVER invented! I don't wish to sound religious here coz I'm NOT, no matter how much my amma wants me to be! I'm posting these pics as I haven't done a lot of photography since the bike trip.

Anyways, we had "Satya Narayan Pooja" at our place and for that occasion, the interior walls were all colored up and the house looked cleaner than it does during Diwali season!

It all started with this "rangoli" that was completed by the pandit in less than 5 mins top! Awesome job indeed!
The Holy Fire he created to destroy the "negative forces" by burning up their eyes (and ours as well while he was at it!)
Holy Smoke fills up the house, and then even moves outside towards the stairs!
This sparrow was nowhere to be seen once the Holy Smoke covered the floor! LOL
This is an old Indian tradition in which boiling milk is allowed to lap over the utensil, as a sign of completion of Pooja!
The last remnants of "Holy Smoke" captured on camera!
That's my cousin's kid and he wanted to wear a "peta" so my bro made him one from towel!
That is my giant younger brother Sai who doesn't need crane to help him!
That is me in my traditional mundu/vyesthi gleaming with my stupidest grin!

2 comments:

Debiprasad Sahoo said...

"This is an old Indian tradition in which boiling milk is allowed to lap over the utensil, as a sign of completion of Pooja!" --- heard (read) this for the first time! I don't know what should I say about this :)

Shakti_Shetty said...

I don't know about pan-India but in our Bunt (South Karnataka) tradition, I believe its a commonplace practice....anyways thanks for reading! :)