Friday, October 9, 2015

Sticking it out

I've always admired Tibetans and a lot of that has to do with Dalai Lama. A community can't possibly get a better face. There's something nice about this homeless tribe (at least the ones who are in exile) that makes you like them. I read quite a bit about them as a young boy and later met some of them selling woolen clothes at VT. Dignified, calm and industrious. Somebody told me that you extol the ones you love. That's true. I love them so much so i even got the word 'Tibet' tattooed on my arm. I always hope they get their home back. Or else, go back home someday. There are two Tibets existing in this world: one in China and another, wherever Tibetans find refuge. I say that despite the fact that i don't consider myself political. I've got nothing against China. Everything happens for a reason. Malice, intended or unintended, has a part to play in the grand scheme called universe. How you greet a situation affects the situation, not the other way round. Speaking of which, did you know how Tibetans greet each other? They just stick their tongues out. No words exchanged. I don't know why they do that but i really wish it's an attempt to show the other person that nothing bad was said in his/her absence.